Yesterday I had a phone conversation with one of my platinum coaching students. She’s been trying to get her show launched, but every time she’d think about creating episodes she’s hit a mental block.
The answer finally came in this statement, “I’m just not sure which direction to take it. There are so many ways I can go, so many things I could talk about. Who exactly am I trying to reach with my show?”
Bingo! That’s a question that every should ask when starting a new show or business — and then revisit regularly.
So I walked her through a few questions and helped her define the target audience for her show.
By the end of the call, she was thrilled and couldn’t wait to outline her first episodes.
In this episode we discuss how you can carefully define your target market in order to more effectively get their attention and create content that will keep them coming back again and again.
In this episode of Mastering New Media…
- The one that that most content creators and businesses do completely backwards, costing them precious time and money
- How to give your market what they really want
- Two questions that will immediately help you find the best audience for you
Items Mentioned in This Episode
- Set up a system of capturing content ideas
- Do the 5×5 exercise outlined in this episode
- Pick one of the ten ideas shared in this episode and add it to your current strategy for finding content ideas
What Do You Think?
- What other ideas do you have for generating content ideas?
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.