It’s a case study of a hobbyist who’s now become a nationally recognized expert, a professional author and speaker. Lisa Louise Cook of the Genealogy Gems Podcast shares valuable numerous insights that you can put into action right away to make this happen for you, too.
In This Episode…
- The fortuitous birthday gift that changed Lisa’s life
- How to create multiple streams of income from your new media content
- The traditional communication channel that was KEY to Lisa’s early success
- How to find your market in Facebook
- How to most effectively leverage a Facebook Fan Page to engage your market
- How podcasting led to Lisa’s dream Caribbean vacation
Items Mentioned in This Episode
- Genealogy Gems Podcast
- Genealogy Gems on YouTube
- Genealogy Gems Facebook Fan Page
- The Socks to America: A Sockumentary – hilarious Ken Burns-style viral video
- Naarden – satellite view of the town my family name comes from
Choose one of the following strategies, mentioned by Lisa in the interview, to implement right away in your own business
- Start a Facebook Fan Page and automatically syndicate your blog/podcast content there
- Sign up for an email list management service and start building your enewsletter list.
- Start a premium membership area on your site to create an income stream from your content
What Do You Think?
- What was the most valuable insight that you got from this interview?
I’d love to hear yout thoughts in the comments below.