As an entrepreneur with the goal of becoming an influential thought leader with a lasting legacy, it’s important to consider the body of work that you want to create.
The questions below will help you design your body of work. This is about you gaining mastery, growth, and fulfillment from your work while also creating the greatest possible contribution.
For each of the following questions, write as many answers as you can think of. It’s best at first to capture anything that comes to mind. Don’t edit yourself. This is about uncovering possibilities and innovative ideas.
- Recognition: What do you want to be known for?
- Opportunities: What kinds of opportunities and experiences do you want to enjoy?
- Achievements: What accomplishments, awards, or other milestones do you want to realize?
- Collaboration: Who do you want to partner or work with?
- Body of Work: What do you want to create? what ideas or value do you want to leave behind?
- Change: What change(s) do you want to create in the world (or your community or industry)? Are there behaviors, best practices, or ways of thinking that you want to transform?
Voice: Your Message and Perspective
In order for you to influence how people think and behave, you have to first earn their trust. Before you can earn their trust, you have to get their attention and keep it long enough for them to decide two things: Read more