Short and to the Point Bio
Jason helps thought leaders to reach a larger audience with their ideas and create new income streams from their expertise. As a consultant, trainer, and strategist, he draws from twelve years of researching top Internet influencers as well as personal experience gained by launching over 60 online courses, teaching more than 7000 entrepreneurs, and generating 6 million dollars in online course sales, and 8 million downloads of his podcast. He believes in helping each client design an online marketing and monetization strategy that aligns with their vision and values.
Little Longer Bio
For over a decade, Jason Van Orden has studied top Internet influencers in order to decode the systems, psychology and strategies they use to launch and grow world-class personal brands and profitable businesses. He’s taught thousands of people around the world how grow their audience, attract bigger opportunities, expand their influence and have a greater impact in the world. Many of his and students have become top authors, bloggers, podcasters and speakers in their field.
In September of 2005, Jason co-founded the first ever podcast about internet business and online marketing. It quickly became one of the top business podcasts in the world. To this day it’s one of the most profitable podcasts on iTunes — having generated millions of dollars in sales directly from his podcast.
Jason has spoken around the world at some of the biggest conferences (such as CES, National Association of Broadcasters, New Media Expo, and many others) teaching how to use Internet media to launch and grow influential personal brands. In 2006, he wrote the bestselling book, Promoting Your Podcast, in which he was the first to “crack the code” for optimizing podcasts to get maximum exposure on iTunes. His work has been used to teach marketing at the university level and has been referenced on sites such as Forbes.com and Entrepreneur.com. He also practices what he preaches, having created multiple world-class, influential brands of his own.
- Jason lives in New York City with his wife and daughter.
- Jason and his wife spent an entire year living in Paris — a dream they’d had from the moment they got engaged.
- Jason has a degree in jazz guitar.
- Jason did his very first product launch in 2004 with a mailing list (yes, snail mail) of 80 people.
- Jason met his wife in a band. They have been in four bands and recorded five albums together, ranging in style from folk to jazz to classic rock to alternative rock.
- Jason is an amateur photographer and documentary filmmaker.
- Jason grew up in Alaska. He has traveled the entire length of the Alaska-Canada highway three times (once in a yellow schoolbus).