Since 2005, Jason helps thought leaders to reach a larger audience with their ideas, create new income streams from their expertise, and build business models that align with their values and goals. As a consultant, trainer, and strategist, he draws from more than fifteen years of researching top Internet influencers and experimenting with his own personal experience. His experience includes creating multiple successful brands, launching over 60 online courses, teaching more than 10,000 entrepreneurs, generating seven figures in online course sales, and 8 million downloads of his podcast. His mission is to help visionaries with impactful ideas to connect with the people they serve best and the problems they can most uniquely solve.
His students have built multi-million dollar businesses and have become top authors, bloggers, podcasters, and speakers in their field.
In September of 2005, Jason co-founded the first-ever podcast about internet business and online marketing. It quickly became one of the top business podcasts in the world and attained over 8 million downloads.
Jason has spoken around the world at some of the biggest conferences (such as CES, National Association of Broadcasters, New Media Expo, and many others) teaching how to use Internet media to launch and grow influential personal brands. In 2006, he wrote the bestselling book, Promoting Your Podcast, in which he was the first to “crack the code” for optimizing podcasts to get maximum exposure on iTunes. His work has been used to teach marketing at the university level and has been referenced on sites such as Forbes.com and Entrepreneur.com. He also practices what he preaches, having created world-class, influential brands of his own.
- Jason lives in New York City with his wife and daughter.
- He recently spent a year in Paris with his family — a dream he and his wife had from the moment they got engaged in 2000.
- Jason has a degree in jazz guitar and took lessons from one of the top guitar educators in the United States.
- Jason did his very first product launch in 2004 with a mailing list (yes, snail mail) of 80 people.
- Jason met his wife in a band. They have been in four bands and recorded five albums together, ranging in style from folk to jazz to classic rock to alternative rock.
- Jason is an amateur photographer and documentary filmmaker.
- Jason grew up in Alaska. He has traveled the entire length of the Alaska-Canada highway three times (once in a yellow school bus).