For more than 12 years, Jason has worked with over 6000 students and clients, teaching them how to monetize their unique brilliance with content marketing, scalable courses, and automated sales systems. Many of his and students have built multi-million dollar businesses and have become top authors, bloggers, podcasters and speakers in their field.
In September of 2005, Jason co-founded the first ever podcast about internet business and online marketing. It quickly became one of the top business podcasts in the world. To this day it’s one of the most profitable podcasts on iTunes — having generated millions of dollars in sales directly from his podcast.
Jason has spoken around the world at some of the biggest conferences (such as CES, National Association of Broadcasters, New Media Expo, and many others) teaching how to use Internet media to launch and grow influential personal brands. In 2006, he wrote the bestselling book, Promoting Your Podcast, in which he was the first to “crack the code” for optimizing podcasts to get maximum exposure on iTunes. His work has been used to teach marketing at the university level and has been referenced on sites such as Forbes.com and Entrepreneur.com. He also practices what he preaches, having created world-class, influential brands of his own.
- Jason lives in New York City with his wife and daughter.
- He recently spent a year in Paris with his family — a dream he and his wife had from the moment they got engaged in 2000.
- Jason has a degree in jazz guitar and took lessons from one of the top guitar educators in the United States.
- Jason did his very first product launch in 2004 with a mailing list (yes, snail mail) of 80 people.
- Jason met his wife in a band. They have been in four bands and recorded five albums together, ranging in style from folk to jazz to classic rock to alternative rock.
- Jason is an amateur photographer and documentary filmmaker.
- Jason grew up in Alaska. He has traveled the entire length of the Alaska-Canada highway three times (once in a yellow schoolbus).